I don't think anyone would disagree that nothing is as good a finisher for any kind of smoothie bowl/acai bowl/muffins/soy yogurt bowl as granola! I love the crunch of sweet, caramelly clusters in a freshly made acai bowl, or with some delicious coconut soy milk. However, I was disappointed with the unavailability of low fat, oil free granola. Therefore, I decided to come up with my own. It is super cheap, super easy and super delicious! Feel free to play around with different flavors by adding different dried fruit, spices, sweeteners and flavorings.
- 2 cups oats (add GF if desired)
- 2 cups Envirokidz organic chocolate rice crispies
- 2T chia seeds
- 1 cup liquid sweetener, eg maple, date syrup, agave
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except for the dried fruit, making sure that the syrup is evenly spread throughout and all is coated with a thin layer of syrup. Add more if necessary or desired.
- Spread granola out onto a lined or non-stick baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes
- Give the mixture a stir and put back in the oven for 6-8 minutes. Make sure it does not burn!
- Allow to cool, then add in the dried fruit. Store in a sealed container
Try this crumbled on top of my vegan French toast or pancakes